Welcome to GPFans

CHOOSE YOUR COUNTRY

  • NL
  • GB
  • FR
  • ES-MX
  • GB
Hamilton backed to win again this year - GPFans F1 poll results revealed

Hamilton backed to win again this year - GPFans F1 poll results revealed

Hamilton backed to win again this year - GPFans F1 poll results revealed

Hamilton backed to win again this year - GPFans F1 poll results revealed

Lewis Hamilton will win again this season, according to you our loyal readers as we look back on our recent poll surveys.

Prior to the weekend's Spanish Grand Prix, we wondered whether the Mercedes driver would stand on top of the podium this year, a feat he has achieved at least once in all 15 of his previous campaigns.

Well, 72 per cent of you firmly believe Mercedes will give him the car to triumph at some stage this season, and on the evidence of Sunday's drive in Barcelona and the improvement in his W13, it appears you may well be correct.

It was a similar number - 73 per cent - who supported F1's decision not to replace the axed Russian Grand Prix, believing it right the sport looks after the interests of the teams and personnel.

Spiralling costs forced F1's hand on this one, despite plenty of venues available and willing to host.

Going back to the Spanish Grand Prix again, we asked whether Mercedes would continue its winning streak this year after triumphing in seven of the last eight races.

This was closer as 57 per cent of you said they had no chance while 43 per cent felt the team had a chance if it took a step with its upgrades. The team did just that, and it certainly thrust itself back into the mix at least.

Again, the result was similar when we asked if F1 teams should pay for new entries, given the $200million anti-dilution fee imposed on potential newcomers.

In the poll, 58 per cent said that if Liberty Media wants more teams then more financial backing should be found, while 42 per cent of you F1 is awash with enough money anyway even with some dilution.

Finally, there was a huge discrepancy when we looked at F1's city revolution and whether it was the right move given the recent additions of Miami and Las Vegas, potentially at the expense of some of the sport's better-renowned venues.

On this occasion, an overwhelming 93 per cent of you said traditional circuits have history and should not be lost, in contrast to only seven per cent who felt cities attract more fans given their spectacular backdrop.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Ontdek het op Google Play