fb

Welcome to GPFans

CHOOSE YOUR COUNTRY

  • NL
  • GB
Download
×
GPFans Global app
Download the app!
Everything F1 in one place!
Marko forced to respond to Gasly rumours...again

Marko forced to respond to Gasly rumours...again

News


0 comments

Marko forced to respond to Gasly rumours...again

Marko forced to respond to Gasly rumours...again

Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko has once again fielded questions on the future of Pierre Gasly, which has been called into question after another disappointing race, this time in his home country of France. According to Marko, there are no plans to replace him, for now.

Gasly has had a torrid time since being promoted to Red Bull from Toro Rosso, and is the only driver out of the top six yet to earn a podium spot.

At the Paul Ricard on Sunday, he only finished 10th in the points positions after a couple of penalties demoted Daniel Ricciardo out of the top 10.

Following the result, rumours spread that Red Bull were looking at Daniil Kvyat to replace him sooner rather than later, but Marko claims there is no truth in the speculation, just like there was none in the similar rumours about Nico Hulkenberg.

“No, that’s a false rumour,” he told Motorsport-Magazin.

“Last week Nico Hulkenberg would replace him, now Daniil Kvyat is our substitute.”

The stories started after Marko was spotted talking to Kvyat’s agent, Nicolas Todt, but Marko says he talks to many people at a GP weekend.

“I talk to a lot of people, I also talked to his father Jean [Todt],” he added.

However, it would appear Gasly isn’t complately safe, as the Red Bull chief warned him about his performance on Sunday, saying he “should be worried about his speed in France.”

Read more

Comments

There are no comments yet.
Ontdek het op Google Play