There appears to be no stopping Max Verstappen after the Red Bull driver chalked up his fifth win in six races by taking the chequered flag in Canada to take a stranglehold on the F1 drivers' standings.
A gearbox failure for team-mate Sergio Perez and more dropped points for Charles Leclerc, despite a battling drive from 19th to fifth, means Verstappen now holds a commanding 46-point cushion over the Mexican.
Leclerc, meanwhile, is 49 points down after once leading the way by 46 after the first three races, representing a 95-point swing over the last six grands prix.
George Russell is within 18 points of second-placed Perez after 'Mr Consistency' continued his remarkable run of finishing in the top five in every race this year with fourth place behind team-mate Lewis Hamilton.
The seven-time F1 champion's third position was his first podium, and also the first time he had finished ahead of Russell, since the season-opening event in Bahrain.
Hamilton has consolidated his sixth place in the standings, 25 behind Sainz and 27 ahead of McLaren's Lando Norris.
Full F1 2022 standings
F1 championship driver standings after the Canadian Grand Prix:
1. Max Verstappen | Red Bull Racing | 175 points
2. Sergio Perez | Red Bull Racing | 129 points
3. Charles Leclerc | Ferrari | 126 points
4. George Russell | Mercedes | 111 points
5. Carlos Sainz | Ferrari | 102 points
6. Lewis Hamilton | Mercedes | 77 points
7. Lando Norris | McLaren | 50 points
8. Valtteri Bottas | Alfa Romeo | 46 points
9. Esteban Ocon | Alpine F1 | 39 points
10. Fernando Alonso | Alpine F1 | 18 points
11. Pierre Gasly | AlphaTauri | 16 points
12. Kevin Magnussen | Haas F1 Team | 15 points
13. Daniel Ricciardo | McLaren | 15 points
14. Sebastian Vettel | Aston Martin | 13 points
15. Yuki Tsunoda | AlphaTauri | 11 points
16. Zhou Guanyu | Alfa Romeo | 5 point
17. Alexander Albon | Williams Racing | 3 points
18. Lance Stroll | Aston Martin | 3 points
19. Mick Schumacher | Haas F1 Team | 0 points
20. Nico Hulkenberg | Aston Martin | 0 points
21. Nicholas Latifi | Williams Racing | 0 points