Sergio Perez's victory in the Monaco Grand Prix has allowed him to close the gap at the top of the drivers' standings on championship-leading Red Bull team-mate Max Verstappen.
At the end of a rain-delayed race which failed to complete the full 77 laps and instead hit its two-hour time limit, Perez held off the challenge of Ferrari's Carlos Sainz to take the chequered flag for the third time in his F1 career.
The Mexican's triumph has moved him onto 110 points in the title race, now just 15 behind Verstappen, who is nine clear of Charles Leclerc after the Ferrari driver fell from pole to fourth due to strategic mistakes from the pit wall.
After settling for P2, Sainz has moved to within a single point of Mercedes' George Russell, who is fourth in the standings.
Lewis Hamilton has fallen further behind after he could only manage eighth, with McLaren's Lando Norris just two points behind the seven-time champion following his P6.
Full F1 2022 standings
F1 championship driver standings after the Spanish Grand Prix:
1. Max Verstappen | Red Bull Racing | 125 points
2. Charles Leclerc | Ferrari | 116 points
3. Sergio Perez | Red Bull Racing | 110 points
4. George Russell | Mercedes | 84 points
5. Carlos Sainz | Ferrari | 83 points
6. Lewis Hamilton | Mercedes | 50 points
7. Lando Norris | McLaren | 48 points
8. Valtteri Bottas | Alfa Romeo | 40 points
9. Esteban Ocon | Alpine F1 | 30 points
10. Kevin Magnussen | Haas F1 Team | 15 points
11. Daniel Ricciardo | McLaren | 11 points
12. Yuki Tsunoda | AlphaTauri | 11 points
13. Fernando Alonso | Alpine F1 | 10 points
14. Pierre Gasly | AlphaTauri | 6 points
15. Sebastian Vettel | Aston Martin | 5 points
16. Alexander Albon | Williams Racing | 3 points
17. Lance Stroll | Aston Martin | 2 points
18. Zhou Guanyu | Alfa Romeo | 1 point
19. Mick Schumacher | Haas F1 Team | 0 points
20. Nico Hulkenberg | Aston Martin | 0 points
21. Nicholas Latifi | Williams Racing | 0 points