"There are numerous teams in the garage who have looked at this situation and said, 'We would love to have Tyler Reddick in our race car'," Bianchi explained on the Teardown Podcast following Sunday's race at Sonoma.
"Do I think anything will happen in the middle of the season? I do not. For a lot of reasons, I don’t think you would expect to see anything midseason. There’s too many hoops to hop through; it gets messy and complicated.”
Bianchi went on to explain that he could see a team making a move at the end of the season, however, if indeed 23XI do lose their charters.
"That said, if this prolongs into the offseason and 23XI doesn’t have its charters, and theoretically Reddick is a free agent, if you will. Yeah, I would be surprised if there is not a team who says - 'we’re going to go all in and we’re going to get him'."
Bianchi concluded: "This is a business at the end of the day and when you have a driver to get, like Tyler Reddick, you gotta do what you gotta do.”
After that injunction was overturned, 23XI sought a rehearing, which was denied, and now, the team, along with FRM, have filed for another injunction and a restraining order against NASCAR to prevent them from being stripped ahead of this weekend's action at Dover.
Charters are important as they guarantee entry into every single Cup Series race, as well as a portion of the finances. However, for 23XI, court records have shown there are other ramifications, too.
As has reportedly been revealed in court previously, Reddick has a clause in his 23XI contract that states the team must provide him with a chartered car; otherwise, he can sign with someone else.
It will certainly be interesting to hear from Reddick himself if indeed NASCAR strips the team of its charters.