Wolff slams Red Bull over Horner investigation

Change your timezone:
Wolff slams Red Bull over Horner investigation
The Mercedes boss has had his say
Change your timezone:
Toto Wolff has called for more transparency over Red Bull's investigation into allegations of 'inappropriate behaviour' against Christian Horner, which dismissed the accusations this week.
The Red Bull team principal was cleared of any wrongdoing following an internal investigation conducted by Red Bull GmbH, and is continuing on in his position as boss at the Formula 1 world champions.
Horner 'completely' denies the allegations, but the saga has turned its head once more, after a journalist claimed that Horner's WhatsApp messages sent to the complainant had been emailed to hundreds of parties up and down the F1 paddock.
The 50-year-old has responded to this 'speculation', but McLaren CEO Brown called for both F1 and the FIA to conduct an external investigation, to see whether they would reach the same conclusion as Red Bull.
READ MORE: Journalist reveals Horner ‘messages’ LEAKED in anonymous email


Wolff calls for new investigation
"I just read the statement which was pretty basic, and my personal opinion is that we can't look behind the curtain," Wolff told media after Bahrain Grand Prix practice.
"At the end of the day, there is a lady in an organisation that has spoken to HR and said there was an issue, and it was investigated.
"Yesterday, the sport received the message that it was 'all fine, we have looked at it' and I believe that as a global sport on such critical topics, it needs more transparency.
"I wonder what the sport's position is, we are competitors, we are a team and can have our own opinions, but it is more like a general reaction that we as a sport need to address what is right in that situation.
"Again as I said, we are being asked questions here as competitors, are we talking as competitors and with the right values, morals based on the speculation," Wolff continued.
"As a sport, we cannot, we cannot afford to leave things in the vague, the opaque on critical topics like this because it is going to catch us out.
"Because eventually we are in a super transparent world, and eventually things are going to happen, and I think the organisation (Red Bull GmbH) have looked it at and it is 'Okay and we can move on' and not try to suppress it.
"I am not saying this has happened, but we are standing from the outside looking in at statements, press releases and it seems it is not as modern as things are in the real world, but maybe we are in a bubble in Formula 1 and think that is okay."
READ MORE: Horner Red Bull investigation official VERDICT announced
Related
More F1 news
Full News Feed
Recommended by the editors
Max Verstappen
Mercedes issue statement after missing out with Max Verstappen
F1 News & Gossip
The story behind the F1 paddock spy
Racing News
Racing star wins two races at the SAME TIME
Racing News
Safety Car causes MORE carnage after crash

Change your timezone:
Latest News
Mercedes issue statement after missing out with Max Verstappen
- May 19, 2026 23:00
The story behind the F1 paddock spy
- May 19, 2026 21:00
Racing star wins two races at the SAME TIME
- May 19, 2026 19:00
Safety Car causes MORE carnage after crash
- May 19, 2026 17:00
F1 driver disqualified at Nurburgring and loses license
- May 18, 2026 23:00
Alpine F1 tensions grow as sponsor dispute fuels Gucci speculation
- May 18, 2026 21:00
Most read
F1 Sprint Qualifying Results: Mercedes finally beaten as Lando Norris takes brilliant pole
- 1 may
F1 president claims cancelled race could be reinstated to fury of teams
- 3 may
Goodbye Papaya rules? F1 insider shares update over controversial McLaren approach
- 15 may
Lance Stroll goes nuclear over F1 regulations
- 2 may
Lewis Hamilton facing claims Charles Leclerc has become Ferrari’s lead driver
- 18 may
F1 champion delivers savage verdict on struggling George Russell
- 6 may
F1 Standings
Drivers
- Lewis Hamilton
- Charles Leclerc
- Lando Norris
- Oscar Piastri
- Franco Colapinto
- Pierre Gasly
- Isack Hadjar
- Max Verstappen
- Alexander Albon
- Carlos Sainz
- Andrea Kimi Antonelli
- George Russell
- Oliver Bearman
- Esteban Ocon
- Fernando Alonso
- Lance Stroll
- Liam Lawson
- Arvid Lindblad
- Gabriel Bortoleto
- Nico Hülkenberg
- Valtteri Bottas
- Sergio Pérez
Races
-
Grand Prix of Australia 2026
-
Grand Prix of China 2026
-
Grand Prix of Japan 2026
-
Grand Prix of Bahrain 2026
-
Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2026
-
Miami Grand Prix 2026
-
Grand Prix du Canada 2026
-
Grand Prix De Monaco 2026
-
Gran Premio de Barcelona-Catalunya 2026
-
Grand Prix of Austria 2026
-
Grand Prix of Great Britain 2026
-
Grand Prix of Belgium 2026
-
Grand Prix of Hungary 2026
-
Dutch Grand Prix 2026
-
Grand Prix of Italy 2026
-
Gran Premio de España 2026
-
Grand Prix of Azerbaijan 2026
-
Grand Prix of Singapore 2026
-
Grand Prix of the United States 2026
-
Gran Premio de la Ciudad de Mexico 2026
-
Grande Prêmio de São Paulo 2026
-
Las Vegas Grand Prix 2026
-
Qatar Grand Prix 2026
-
Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi 2026
Follow us on your favorite social media channel
Editorial & corporate information
Avenue HQ
10–12 East Parade
Leeds
LS1 2BH
United Kingdom Regional correspondence
View contact page
Realtimes Network
- Authors
- Privacy and Terms
- RSS
- Contact
- Publishing principles
- Corrections policy
- Ownership & funding
- F1 Tickets
- Privacy
Copyright (©) 2017 - 2026 GPFans.com
Realtimes Network











