Massa believes 'good chance' of STUNNING title battle victory

Change your timezone:
Massa believes 'good chance' of STUNNING title battle victory
The Brazilian has started a lawsuit against F1 bosses
Change your timezone:
Former Formula 1 driver Felipe Massa believes he has a 'good chance' in his legal case against the FIA, Bernie Ecclestone and Formula One Management (FOM).
Massa officially started legal proceedings last week, following months of waiting for a response from the sport's key figures surrounding the 'crashgate' scandal.
READ MORE: Former F1 chief reacts to 'cheated' driver lawsuit
Comments from Ecclestone last year sparked Massa into action, after the 93-year-old revealed that he and then-FIA president Max Mosley knew about Renault's wrongdoing at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix long before it was investigated.
Renault ordered Brazilian driver Nelson Piquet Jr to purposely crash into the wall in order to help team-mate Fernando Alonso's strategy. Alonso had just pitted for new tyres, and the resulting safety car helped him to win the race.


Massa's 2008 title chances
The 2008 world championship was eventually won by Hamilton by just a single point, which is why Massa has been sparked into action.
Piquet's wrongdoing was only revealed in 2009, when he was dropped by the Renault team, and the matter was investigated with disqualifications and fines being handed out to various personnel.
However, as it had been so long since the event, the result of the race stood. Massa argues the result would have been null and void and he therefore would have won the championship, had Ecclestone and Mosley investigated as soon as they found out.
Ecclestone later revealed that he 'didn't remember' making the comments in the interview in 2023. Massa is seeking between £60million-£150million in compensation for the incident.
"As I have stated before, we will fight until the end," Massa told RacingNews365 about the case.
"It's out of my hands anymore. We have a very, very good group of people who have worked on this in a professional manner.
"I honestly believe we have a good chance of winning this case," he continued. "We are fighting for justice because what happened to me is not fair."
READ MORE: Former F1 boss says Red Bull 'rethink' underway amid Horner saga
Related
More F1 news
Full News Feed
Recommended by the editors
Max Verstappen
Mercedes issue statement after missing out with Max Verstappen
F1 News & Gossip
The story behind the F1 paddock spy
Racing News
Racing star wins two races at the SAME TIME
Racing News
Safety Car causes MORE carnage after crash

Change your timezone:
Latest News
Montreal strippers go on strike for F1 Canadian Grand Prix
- 1 hour ago
What if F1 had an All-Star race? Here's how it would work
- 3 hours ago
Mercedes issue statement after missing out with Max Verstappen
- May 19, 2026 23:00
The story behind the F1 paddock spy
- May 19, 2026 21:00
Racing star wins two races at the SAME TIME
- May 19, 2026 19:00
Safety Car causes MORE carnage after crash
- May 19, 2026 17:00
Most read
F1 Sprint Qualifying Results: Mercedes finally beaten as Lando Norris takes brilliant pole
- 1 may
F1 president claims cancelled race could be reinstated to fury of teams
- 3 may
Goodbye Papaya rules? F1 insider shares update over controversial McLaren approach
- 15 may
Lance Stroll goes nuclear over F1 regulations
- 2 may
Lewis Hamilton facing claims Charles Leclerc has become Ferrari’s lead driver
- 18 may
F1 champion delivers savage verdict on struggling George Russell
- 6 may
F1 Standings
Drivers
- Lewis Hamilton
- Charles Leclerc
- Lando Norris
- Oscar Piastri
- Franco Colapinto
- Pierre Gasly
- Isack Hadjar
- Max Verstappen
- Alexander Albon
- Carlos Sainz
- Andrea Kimi Antonelli
- George Russell
- Oliver Bearman
- Esteban Ocon
- Fernando Alonso
- Lance Stroll
- Liam Lawson
- Arvid Lindblad
- Gabriel Bortoleto
- Nico Hülkenberg
- Valtteri Bottas
- Sergio Pérez
Races
-
Grand Prix of Australia 2026
-
Grand Prix of China 2026
-
Grand Prix of Japan 2026
-
Grand Prix of Bahrain 2026
-
Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2026
-
Miami Grand Prix 2026
-
Grand Prix du Canada 2026
-
Grand Prix De Monaco 2026
-
Gran Premio de Barcelona-Catalunya 2026
-
Grand Prix of Austria 2026
-
Grand Prix of Great Britain 2026
-
Grand Prix of Belgium 2026
-
Grand Prix of Hungary 2026
-
Dutch Grand Prix 2026
-
Grand Prix of Italy 2026
-
Gran Premio de España 2026
-
Grand Prix of Azerbaijan 2026
-
Grand Prix of Singapore 2026
-
Grand Prix of the United States 2026
-
Gran Premio de la Ciudad de Mexico 2026
-
Grande Prêmio de São Paulo 2026
-
Las Vegas Grand Prix 2026
-
Qatar Grand Prix 2026
-
Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi 2026
Follow us on your favorite social media channel
Editorial & corporate information
Avenue HQ
10–12 East Parade
Leeds
LS1 2BH
United Kingdom Regional correspondence
View contact page
Realtimes Network
- Authors
- Privacy and Terms
- RSS
- Contact
- Publishing principles
- Corrections policy
- Ownership & funding
- F1 Tickets
- Privacy
Copyright (©) 2017 - 2026 GPFans.com
Realtimes Network











