It is fair to suggest the F1 title is now Max Verstappen's to lose following his first win in Hungary and eighth of the season.
From 10th on the grid at a Hungaroring circuit where it has often been notoriously hard to overtake, Verstappen survived a clutch issue and a 360-degree spin to clinch the 28th victory overall of his F1 career by eight seconds to Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton.
With Ferrari contriving to throw away more points with a bungled strategy that came courtesy of the much cooler conditions, Verstappen now holds an 80-point lead over the ailing Leclerc.
With nine races remaining after the summer break, it means Verstappen can afford to finish second and concede the fastest-lap point to Leclerc in every grand prix, as well as the Monégasque taking victory in the sprint, and still claim a second F1 crown.
Verstappen's Red Bull team-mate Sergio Perez, who has won only one race all year, is only five points adrift of Leclerc such has been Ferrari's remarkable fall following its fine start to the campaign.
Overall, your points standings are...
F1 championship driver standings after the French Hungarian Prix:
1. Max Verstappen | Red Bull Racing | 258 points
2. Charles Leclerc | Ferrari | 178 points
3. Sergio Perez | Red Bull Racing | 173 points
4. George Russell | Mercedes | 158 points
5. Carlos Sainz | Ferrari | 156 points
6. Lewis Hamilton | Mercedes | 146 points
7. Lando Norris | McLaren | 76 points
8. Esteban Ocon | Alpine F1 | 58 points
9. Valtteri Bottas | Alfa Romeo | 46 points
10. Fernando Alonso | Alpine F1 | 41 points
11. Kevin Magnussen | Haas F1 Team | 22 points
12. Daniel Ricciardo | McLaren | 19 points
13. Pierre Gasly | AlphaTauri | 16 points
14. Sebastian Vettel | Aston Martin | 16 points
15. Mick Schumacher | Haas F1 Team | 12 points
16. Yuki Tsunoda | AlphaTauri | 11 points
17. Zhou Guanyu | Alfa Romeo | 5 points
18. Lance Stroll | Aston Martin | 4 points
19. Alexander Albon | Williams Racing | 3 points
20. Nicholas Latifi | Williams Racing | 0 points
21. Nico Hulkenberg | Aston Martin | 0 points